http://www.renobigdig.org/event.html
for more info.
In a nutshell, there were mini-excavators, loaders, excavators, haulers, and bulldozers for the kids to drive! Jaron received two tickets so he chose Darik to come along. Jason wasn't feeling exceptionally well so I took them there at 9 on Saturday morning. As were coming through the gate the girl told me that each ticket was good for 2 kids and 2 adults! What?!?! There was no explanation on the tickets or the piece of paper that came with them explaining this.
Rachel was busy taking the SAT and Nathan had homework and other responsibilities that morning but I called Jason and told him to get up to the site with Caleb, Sarah and Anna as quickly as possible. He came, and stayed (what a good man), and the 7 of us had a great time!
Mini-excavators.
I didn't get to Anna and Caleb before their turn was up.
On to the Loaders!
Next was the Excavators.
Jae managed to con a "ride" on this one!
Taking a ride in the haulers. These could hold two at a time so we sent Caleb and Darik together, Sarah and Anna together, and let Jaron go by himself because he was the one who won the tickets.
Lastly, the bulldozers. Sarah got to ride but the other four got to drive.
This is Darik, kind of hard to tell.
This is Caleb, again, hard to tell.
It was a great experience and we're so grateful that Jaron was selected for a neat opportunity. The rest of the weekend seemed pretty tame after that.
2 comments:
Looks like the kids had an awesome time and I even think Jason was having a good time too. Thank you for posting.
What a great day! I am sure you now have a houseful of wanna be construction workers, and I don't mean just Jason. Ha ha
How goes your A & P class. Just started mine monday.
Post a Comment