Wednesday, July 8, 2015

May 2015

May is often ushered in by Jaron's birthday on the 3rd, and this year was no different, it was our first event of the month.


May 7th I accompanied Sarah on a class field trip to Bayou Wildlife Park. There were a lot of cool animals there, mostly running free. The kids got to feed them as we took a tour on a truck. They also had pony rides.

Ostrich eggs.


Later that day at home our kids caught their own wildlife, a baby catfish.


Then came May 12th, Anna's 15th birthday!


May 15th I helped out at the elementary school's year end water celebration. It had been really rainy for the few days leading up to the event and the ground was saturated and then we put a lot more water and lots of kids in the mix. There was mud EVERYWHERE! I helped man an inflatable water slide for the 3rd graders in the morning and then returned to do it again for the 5th graders in the afternoon. No picture taking there, too much water and too many kids but this was the end result for me.

This was all a result of helping the kids out of the pool at the end of the slide. But my two boys had a great time!

And then on May 18th, I took the NCLEX and 48 long hours later discovered that I had passed it and gotten my license as a Registered Nurse, wahooo!!!

May 21st was Jaron's end of the year concert.


May 23rd we had a tree trimmer come clean up our trees and remove one altogether. This is what it now looks like, a lot more open by taking out only one oak tree that was crowding the other oaks and the pine.


May 25th, Memorial Day, we went to visit the USS Texas. You can check out more info about it here: http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/battleship-texas


Battle of San Jacinto Monument as seen from the Texas.


On the 26th Rachel went to the temple to receive her endowment. It was a really special time for us as parents to see our daughter accept these commitments and blessings as she prepares to serve her mission starting August 5th.

Our family friend, Ethan Boehner.


During the first half of the month I studied for the NCLEX and after the test I spent my time on preparing for DisneyWorld.

No comments: