At 10 I had to call the dentist and reschedule the appointment for the 24th. So at 10:10 I called Jason back to let him know we'd be staying home today. He asked, "Did you ask Caleb where the keys are?" Of course I had and the only answer he gave was, "It's daddy's fault." Jason then asked if I had checked the pockets of the pants he'd had on last night. "No, you said you never saw them last night," was the answer I gave him. I walked back to our room and checked Jason's pockets. Yup, there they were. It's now 10:15 and I call the dentist again but they truly can't get us in. But my kids are ready to go.
So we went...to Riverfront Park. When handed lemons, make lemonade. We went and had fun. It's only 70 degrees today so it was a great day to head down there and not roast. After an hour at the park we picked Jason up for lunch. We went to Safeway and got "Chinese" food and headed over to Mission Park to eat and play.
Using the timer again, really lovin' that! The kids wanted me to wear a jersey today so I humored them and then realized Rae and I both had blue shirts on under them.
Off for a family trip on the ferris wheel.
Getting off the spider.
Riding the Strawberry ride.
Sarah rode the planes for the first time ever.
On the carousel, the first time on a horse for her.
See the line of orange jerseys? Caleb's head is just at the bottom right hand corner, second pole in from the right.
I love that my kids attend public school. There are so many positive things that they learn being there 180 days a year. Things they could not learn in my home. But I am also so grateful for the summer break that allows us time like this. It was nice that when something frustrating happened, losing the keys and missing the dentist, we still had the time and flexibility to make a memory. I'm grateful for my blessings. Counting just seven of them and naming them one by one, Rachel, Nathan, Anna, Jaron, Darik, Caleb and Sarah.
3 comments:
What a great day! Sorry we missed you by a couple hours!
That sure is a lot more fun than going to the dentist! Glad you found the keys! Matching shirts are a great idea-- ya'll look good.
Wish we were there! Your summer looks like sooooooooo much fun!!!
Your blog is inspiring me. I just might have to join in the fun.
Post a Comment