Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Instrument total - 7

We brought home a new baby Tuesday afternoon. Nathan has finished all of his required "pass-off" for his band teacher and is now allowed to move on to a new instrument. It's kind of sad that even with seven children, only two have participated in 6th grade band and yet we own a piano, a coronet, a trumpet, a french horn, a violin, a clarinet and now a saxophone.

Nathan with our newest addition.



See that grin? We had to beg him to put the thing down to eat dinner. He was really getting the hang of it last night. He got up early this morning to practice some more to impress his teacher today.


On a completely different note. Sarah fell asleep downstairs in the late afternoon. The kids brought her up to me while I was fixing dinner. She did not want to wake up. I set her on our counter so she would be less comfortable and wake up fully. See how that worked for me?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your instrument count is not sad at all. The love of music is a gift. We still own 2 flutes, 2 clarinets, and a piano. Hopefully Rae and Nate will pass on their love to the rest of the children and all of the instruments will be blessed by many!
All of that said....Is Jason building a sound proof practice room yet?

Heather B said...

That picture of Sarah is HILARIOUS!

Selina said...

Sarah was just a bit tired. So cute! Also happy Birthday to Darik. I thought of him on his day because of your awesome calendar, but I am just now getting around to well wishes. Oh well. Love you all.

The Metge Family said...

Congrats on the sax! Great shot of Sarah! Why can't I get mine to stay asleep like that?