34 years ago today I was just 3 days old. 24 years ago today I was looking forward to 5th grade. 14 years ago today I was a new bride. And 4 years ago today I was counting down the last week before Jason returned from Iowa to start his last year of law school. My the time flies when we're having fun. So I want to take just a moment and say how grateful I am to have spent the last 14 years of my life with Jason.
He is my world. He is a wonderful, patient, kind, and loving spouse. I am so pleased to have the honor of being his wife. We have had so much fun the last 14 years. He is my best friend. From the undergrad schooling with one baby and another arriving two weeks after Jason's graduation, to his career at Intel and the addition of two more babies, to law school and the arrival of another baby, to the cross country move to Iowa and another baby, to another cross country move back to Spokane, and yes, another baby, it's been such a fun, adventurous, trying, loving journey and I wouldn't trade a minute of it. He is my rock and I love him more than words can say.
So how did we celebrate this anniversary? Well, Jason went to work. I did mention all those babies and someone has to provide a paycheck to feed them all. And I took the kids to the Lake. Rachel is away this week at girl's camp from church so Jenn Brown and I packed up the other 11 and headed to the lake for the day. Jason got home about 5:30 and got some WOW time til 7:30 when the kids and I returned. That's a nice gift for him, uninterrupted time on WOW. It was hot today, mid 90's, so the lake was fabulous. Sarah even went in and had a great time. A stranger approached Jenn and I and asked if her older boys, Daniel is 12 and Isaac is 9, and Nathan would like to use his kayaks for a few minutes while he and his friends rested on the shore. Do fish swim? Yes, yes, yes. They had a great time. Our littler guys were a little bummed at not getting to do it but that's the way it goes sometimes. Oh, and not one sunburn, YEAH!!!
That's about all from my little corner. And don't worry, we did go on a "real" date Saturday night at a nice restaurant to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. So we're set for another year. Ha, Ha.
6 comments:
What a GREAT post! It's wonderful to pay tribute to fantastic men! What a fun day at the beach too! And a wonderful gift to Jason :) Guess what? MY birthday and our wedding anniversary are about 1 week apart too! Too funny, we really need to quit finding things in common :)
Ok... Gushing about your husband in a public foum isn't allowed (well, not if you want me to acknowledge you're my sister). But I guess I'll wish you a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary despite this little stumble.
Happy Birthday and Anniversary Lanae! What an inspiring read! You guys lead an amazing life. :)
that was a great day yesterday and worth every bit. because although we made it look easy it is hard to get that many kids there and back in one piece. love the pic of anna flying through the air.
Happy Birthday!! Happy Anniversary, too! It was fun to read about the many things you and Jason have accomplished over the years (and yes, babies ARE accomplishments!) Cheers to another year...
Are you talking about my brother? I am confused. I guess maybe you have been a good influence on him. Congratulations on 14 years. That itself is a great accomplishment. Happy Birthday as well. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment