Thursday, December 4, 2008

First week of December























We set up our Christmas tree over the Thanksgiving weekend. But the included picture isn't meant to show that as much as to demonstrate that Sarah has picked up a new skill of pointing. When we got the tree up she kept sitting and pointing at it. But as soon as I pulled out the camera she started pointing at me! Oh, well. As another note she has a new tooth on top. That brings the total to 3 and I don't think we'll have to wait long for the other top center to break through.

Darik had new ear tubes put in on Wednesday. The last time I posted about his ears seems to have jinxed him. He's had two infections since the end of September. So Dr. Leavitt opted to put tubes back in. It was an easy operation, lasting about 20 minutes. He was a little groggy coming out of anesthesia, as the picture shows. But we left 20 minutes after the picture was taken and he was back to his normal self by that afternoon.

Rachel has been covering a unit of Medieval times for the last three weeks and it culminates with a Medieval festival and feast tomorrow at school. The kids are to be in costume and they were randomly selected for each class. She originally pulled a peasant but a boy in her group got a noble person and was disappointed. She offered to trade and he gladly accepted. So she gets to be a noble woman. We picked up the dress and the shirt at a thrift store and hit Jo-Ann fabrics for the ribbon and material for the hat. She put the structure of the hat together from a cereal box and I hot glued the material and ribbon on. We had some ribbon left over and I tacked it to the dress to complete the ensemble. We hope she has a good time tomorrow. At the very least she'll look so pretty. Can't say I'm biased! =)


5 comments:

Cherisa said...

Look! Look you fools! [That's my interpretation of infant pointing]

Glad the operation with Darik went well. Hopefully it wasn't too stressful since you've been through it before and know what to expect.

Rachel's costume is very pretty! That dress is gorgeous! If you hold onto it, maybe you can make a jacket to go with it and she )or another Lindh girl) can wear it as a formal someday!

Mom said...

The tree is still standing, that is good.
I'm glad Dariks surgery went well. Poor little guy has had his share of ear infections. Hopefully no more.
And for Rachel, you are beautiful and so grown up. Hope you had a fun time at your party today.
Love you all,
Mom L.

Heather B said...

I'm glad Darik feels better! Poor guy!

Rachel, you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

EvieMae said...

Awesome dress and hat! You guys are so creative!!!

Heather B said...

Rachel, I absolutely LOVE the dress! It's so beautiful!
Love,
Amber