Sunday, April 26, 2009
First track meet
April 23rd was Rachel's first track meet. I volunteered to help with it. I assisted with the long jump. But I was still able to take pictures of most of Rae's events. I missed her shot put. We're not sure of the results because it takes a while to compile them all and she didn't know how she did. But she had a great time at shot, the 100 meter dash and the 65 meter hurdles. She did NOT like the 400 meter run. I don't think she'll do that next time. It was SO COLD that day! It rained, hailed and snowed on us. We were ALL miserable. All being everyone there, the rest of the family stayed home. Track meets are not the place for a family our age and size.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ask any athlete and they will tell you the 400 is the hardest race out there. good job rach!
Great job, Rachel!!
Thank you so much for making it to Anna's baptism last night! I know that made for a long day, but we were so glad you guys came.
Who would have thought your kids would end up being so athletic! But you have a whole brood of coordinated children who really seem to enjoy sports- go figure! At least we know they're related to you with their love and skills in the musical arts. ; )
Way to go Rache!
Post a Comment