He missed the first practice because of a clerical mistake on the part of the league. He wasn't put on a team until late Thursday night. But he made it to the first game. He was hot but had a good time. His team lost 3-1. He did a good job having never before played the game and not having practiced at all. His first practice was this Thursday and he was doing well at it.
Hot and tired, taking a needed break.
Caleb had his first day of Pre-school on Tuesday the 15th. He was so excited to go and he had a great time. I am volunteering 1 day a month, like last year, and my day is the 3rd Tuesday of the month so I was there for his first full day of school. He was a little confused that I didn't stay for Thursday but handled it just fine.
I've included a few pictures of Sarah from this past week. Her fashion sense leaves a little to be desired. She likes to put on underwear over her diaper and Caleb's is just the right size. She also likes his slippers.
Notice "her" (Darik's) socks Tuesday morning.
On a different note with no pictures, Jason is trying to kill me I think. I've been encouraging him to get a little more exercise. He has decided to participate in a program called Couch to 5k. It has intervals of running and walking to build up to completing 5K in 30 minutes eventually. He's asked me to join him, ugh. We did it on Wednesday and Friday afternoon. It went all right. He doesn't cover as much distance with me but what can I say? I've NEVER claimed to be an athlete, EVER. It's not too bad but my shins are not liking it. We'll see how we do in keeping up. My hope is that by making our goals public I might be more inclined to hang in there. It's fun doing it "together" but seeing as Jason is such a good athlete it's more like him training me. He often has to jog in place while I catch up. My biggest complaint is that there isn't anywhere around our home to jog that is flat and I DON'T LIKE HILLS!! But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
3 comments:
Good luck with the excercise program! I know a couple of easy exercises that can help prevent shin splints, if your shins keep bothering you.
Hey, good luck with the exercise! Way to go!
You might need to invest in good shoes if your shins don't get better soon. Good shoes made a huge difference for me. We are in the midst of a similar chaotic schedule. Take care of yourselves. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment