Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor day weekend work

We worked in the yard today. Of course I say "we" worked but, the truth be told, I "manage and direct" while Jason works. Being the brawn part of our team means that he gets to put into action all my great ideas and plans. I try to help but I'm pretty pathetic compared to the things he produces. He's such a great sport about saying, "Whatever you like, hon. How do you want it done?" And then goes and does it! He did a great job of making our yard more beautiful and useful. And he used materials already in the yard so it cost nothing but work and effort. He moved rocks, removed a stump, moved more rocks, dug out the hillside, and moved more rocks.

The usual BEFORE pictures.



Stump removed.



And the AFTER photos!







And my contribution for the day. I washed off all the rocks on the retaining wall and went and got Hen and Chicks to plant in between the rocks to help hold the dirt in place.



All in all and great day's work. Thanks to the kids for their help. However, the littlest ones tend to get neglected during these projects. No helping from them and everyone else gets pretty busy. So they entertain themselves with a children's magnet - dirt! Thank goodness for bath tubs!


4 comments:

The Metge Family said...

A great improvement. Nice work!

Mom said...

What a difference in the back yard. Your family has done a great job fixing it up.

Heather B said...

It looks amazing! Nice work! I hear ya about the little ones getting lost in the dirt, I mean the shuffle :)

The Chamberlain Family said...

Oh it looks so good! Good work!