Friday, September 4, 2009

Pig out in the park!

School will be starting on Tuesday the 8th. The week and weekend of Labor Day is Pig Out in the Park down at Riverfront Park. We went down on both Wednesday and Friday afternoons. We only ate on Friday but we played on the rides both days. On Wednesday we took a train ride and Jason took his lunch break to join us for that. On Friday we went on the rides and Jae got off early and was able to do a ride with the kids and then we went to eat yummy food. It was such a nice day. The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was great to spend the afternoon as a family.

Showing off a leaf she picked from the tree with Dad's help.

Playing with dad while waiting for the train.

The train ride.






Action shot of Rae was unintentional, but Rah was looking pretty cute.

Much better of Rae.

Saying "Hi!!"

I must say that Caleb was on a roll this week. He rode the Ferris Wheel on both days. Then he wanted to try the Tilt-o-whirl for the first time today and LOVED it. He wanted to go again but my stomach couldn't handle it. I did the octopus on Wednesday for the first time with Darik and I almost lost it. They are tall enough to ride but not to ride without an adult. This is bad news for me. Apparently, I am a coaster girl, not a dip and swirl girl.
Caleb did join Darik and dad (Thanks, Jae, for not making me do another "puking" ride, you're the greatest!) on the sizzler for his first time ever and was grinning ear-to-ear the whole time. I tried to catch it on film, both still and moving, but never could quite get it.
Dad, Darik and Caleb riding the Sizzler, Caleb's grin is behind Darik's hand.

Treats at the end of the visit. Can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun way to end the summer vacation. Now it's back to school. Sorry kids. (But I bet they are looking forward to it really.)

Heather B said...

What a fun day! Love the ride pictures :)