Friday, June 26, 2009

Nathan's Arrow of Light

Nathan has been in cub scouts since he turned 8. He has finished Webelos this year and just had his "crossing over" ceremony and received his Arrow of Light award. The cubmaster brought in a group that did a wonderful job of entertaining and presenting the boys their awards. It was a very moving ceremony. He is no longer a little boy. He is on the road to becoming a man. He is now an official boy scout with a different uniform and rankings to earn.

Before the ceremony started at the beginning of the pack meeting Nathan ran the flag ceremony and did a great job of it. He didn't get nervous or hesitate or anything. He sure has grown these last three years. Tomorrow is his 11th birthday and it's hard to know where the time has gone but he is growing up to be a very nice young man and a pleasure to have around.


The "officiator".


He received an arrow and his certificate and badge. He got a "new face" to represent this new journey in life of becoming an eagle scout.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Nate! I look forward to hearing about your many adventures on your way to Eagle. I am sure you will be an eagle scout faster than your mom and I care to think about. :)

The Chamberlain Family said...

Congratulations Nathan! I am sorry we missed it!

Heather B said...

Congratulations!