Friday, August 27, 2010

Priest Lake at last

I try to get up to Priest Lake as much as possible. This summer there hasn't been too much possible. The weather hasn't been very cooperative. The few days that have reached above 90 degrees we have had at least one member of our family missing. Nate at scout camp, Jae and I in Austin, Rae at girl's camp, you see the problem. But finally it all lined up. Monday the 16th it was hot (92 degrees) and everyone was home. So we piled in the van and drove on up.

It was the first time Jason has ever joined us and unfortunately, my friend Jenn was unable to make it. It was just the nine of us and the kids had a great time introducing their father to the beauties of Priest Lake. I even got out there and swam out to the white buoy WAY out past the roped off swimming area.

Jason had a great time horse-playing with the kids and even convinced me to give it a shot. However, I'm not quite as game as the children. He wanted me to try flips and stuff. I really didn't think it was a stellar idea and couldn't quit laughing about how silly I must look so my efforts were truly in vain. But the kids got a good laugh at me.

No comments: