Monday, August 2, 2010

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow!

June 8th. We had our own little Annie here at our house. Anna won the main role in Ponderosa's play of Annie, Jr. It's a scaled down version. But memorizing lines and singing solos is still a lot of work even in a smaller version. The kid did a GREAT job. She sang in key with great phrasing. Her speaking parts were expressive and delivered well. We are so happy for how she uses her talents!

Three years ago she was so nervous to speak in church in front of a crowd of about 200 that she actually broke into tears. Now she can sing, act and do lines in front of a crowd the same size and have no problems. She has really grown as a person and multiplied her talents. Thanks to Gramma Lindh for the beautiful flowers.



With her choir teacher, Ms. Brown.


With her third grade teacher, Mrs. Olson, who came to watch.


Gramma Lindh, Aunt Pat and Uncle Bob and I were the only family to attend the performance live. Dad and Nathan caught the last 20 minutes. Rachel had softball practice that night. Jaron had scouts and Nathan also had scouts that ended early. He was in his own play that evening. But here is a shot of the two of them together.


Not to toot my own horn but I made her costume. I didn't sew the whole thing, just added to and altered a dress I found at GoodWill. The curls were also a lot of work. Sponge curlers overnight and into school. I wouldn't let her take them out until right before the school performance at 1:30. She ran for student body secretary and did her speech in curlers. She did well on her speech but wasn't selected to be secretary.

Listening to the other candidate. I recorded her speech but won't post it here.

1 comment:

Cherisa said...

Good job on the dress (even if you didn't sew the whole thing yourself- slacker)!

Did you get any video of Anna singing in Annie?

The curls were CUTE!