Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had beautiful weather for Memorial Day Weekend. We decided to take advantage of it by refinishing our deck. Saturday was spent soaping and scrubbing the deck. For as long as I've been blogging now you'd think that I'd remember to take "before" pictures but I didn't. Working with 7 children "helping" sometimes distracts from the "really important" things in life - photo documentation. So I have no "before" shots but some great "after" shots. We cleaned all the decking and railings on Saturday, let it dry on Sunday and stained/sealed it on Monday. It was an all day project both days.

Our upper deck right off the kitchen.

The stairs down to the basement level.

The stairs down to the lawn level and the lower deck.


On Saturday I gave all the men haircuts and they're looking so handsome. Goof that I am I cut Caleb's at the same length as Nathan and Darik's, I usually do the longer cut that I use for Jaron's wavy hair. So his is looking awfully short but the great thing is, it'll grow.



2 comments:

Heather B said...

Looks great! The deck and the boys :)

The Metge Family said...

Nice work-- on both projects! You guys always have so much going on and get so much done! How do you keep up with it all and still have time to document it? I am amazed.