Friday, May 8, 2009

New personal best

Rachel set a new personal best at shot put yesterday. She threw 22 feet 5 inches! She got first of the three schools at this meet. She was sick on Monday and doesn't know how last week's throw of 21 feet 10 inches left her in the standings but she's feeling really good about this week. She did hurdles, came in last, and the 100m and came in 4th in her heat. She did long jump with her best being 12 feet even. Not as good as last week's 12'4" but not shabby at all. I don't think it allowed her to rank in this group. They had 26 "B" girls jumping and several were solidly past 12 feet. I helped with long jump and didn't take any pictures because I was a little busy. But I did get a few of her shot put.

Notice the track pants and sweatshirt? It was very cold yesterday with rain. But no snow or sleet like two weeks ago so I can't complain too much. She was grateful not to have to take them off to compete, like she did for the running.

Look at how hard she is working!

3 comments:

Heather B said...

WAY TO GO, RACHEL!!!!

We had a great time last night, you guys, thanks for coming!!

Wrz Crew said...

Rachel sure doesn't get that talent from the Wrzesinski side of the family!! Although Grampa Ski did do shot put in junior high in the 70's. Nice work on shot put and french horn. Grampa and Gramma Ski

Cherisa said...

That second to last picture, once again, is SOOOO Jason! Good goin' Rach!