Friday, May 22, 2009

She did it!

She got 3rd place at districts. We're so happy for her. She really wanted to place at least 6th. She kept saying that that was all that mattered to her. I got a chance to record her shots this time. Both Jason and I were able to attend, my friend Shawna was kind enough to watch the other 6 for us. It was a beautiful day for a track meet, finally, we've had enough of rain and sleet and cold.

I can't remember what school the 6th place girl was from, she didn't show up to the awards ceremony. But notice how many Evergreen Middle School girls there are? (The ones in black) They are "the" school to beat. She was the only kid from Horizon to do shot put. There were no A girls and no A or B boys attending from Horizon. For wanting to do this sport so that she could "keep my friends company" we think she did pretty well. Way to go, Rach!


7 comments:

EvieMae said...

Way to go Rachel! Those things are heavy!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rachel! I am so proud of you!

Heather B said...

Great job, Rachel!!

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

rachel that is awesome!! lanae, love your stickers. very cutie patutie.

Amber said...

Congratulations Rachel!!! Way to go!!!!

The Metge Family said...

Nice work, Rachel! Congrats!

The Chamberlain Family said...

Good Job Rachel! That is awesome!